You can create a new file from two places: Welcome screen and File menu.
The Welcome Screen is a pop-up panel you see every time you launch Gravit Designer.
You can hide it at startup by selecting the option (1) on the bottom right.
Start with the right canvas size
Gravit’s mission is to keep you focused on the creative part of the design process. That’s why Gravit Designer collected most popular print and screen sizes right in front of the Welcome Screen. You can easily start a project without using any other template or trying to set the values yourself.
Imagine you need to create a cover design for the Youtube channel. From the Welcome Screen, you can go straight to the Social Media category (3) and click on the small chevron icon to bring up a dropdown.
Select the YouTube Cover(1) option from the dropdown list to start a New Document with the 2560x1440px canvas.
You can choose from various predefined canvas/page sizes divided into five categories:
- The print is a collection of the standard print sizes (A0, A2, A3, etc.) and popular print project sizes (business card, flyer, postcard)
- Web/Desktop is a collection of traditional web design sizes.
- Social Media is a collection of social media cover and banner sizes. Here you will find a size for literally every big social media platform, popular in the western world.
- Devices is a collection of popular mobile devices. Don’t know the IphoneX screen size? No problem. Open the Devices dropdown and pick it up from the abundant list.
- Print on Demand is a helpful list of sizes for those designers who are promoting and selling their designs on popular platforms such as Amazon Merch, Redbubble, Teepublic, and Cafepress.
Start with your own size
Need a custom size for the design? Head over to the panel on top of the New Design page of the Welcome Screen.
Type inside the Width(1) and Height(2) boxes, select the units(3) from the dropdown and click the Create! button(4) to start a new document.
Gravit Designer can use several units suitable for print as well as screen design.