Guides (guide lines) are design aids that allow you to snap/align objects and anchor points to a horizontal and vertical line that are manually placed on the canvas.
To place a guideline on canvas:
- Make sure that the rulers are visible: or use + +R shortcut to toggle ruler visibility
- Also toggle the guides visibility: ( + )
- Drag from the ruler towards the canvas. Release when happy with the guide placement.
The guide coordinates will be shown while dragging to allow for precise placement.
To move the guides:
- Hover over the guideline in the viewport.
- When the cursor changes to a two-headed arrow, click and drag. selecting and dragging to a new location.
To remove a guideline:
- Select and drag the guideline exactly on top of the ruler.
- Release the . Please do n’t go after the ruler because the guideline will be moved to the new location.
You can double click on the ruler to add a guideline to 0 coordinate.