Advanced Text Settings
Within Advanced Text Settings pop-up panel you can find a bunch of to tools to enhance your typography in Gravit Designer Pro.
As with other text properties, its options have almost self-explanatory interface.
To bring up the panel:
- Select the text to foster the Text Appearance Panel
- Head over to the small icon on the top-right of the Appearance Panel opposite to the appearance label.
Advanced Text Panel would pop-up after clicking on the icon. This panel is divided into three sections:
- Typography(1) section to add special treatment to the text
- Text Transform(2) section
- List Type(3) dropdown
- Paragraph(4) section to control the paragraph attributes.
Use options under the Typography section to add special effects to the text:
- Select Subscript(1) to set the selected text below the baseline
- Select the Superscript(2) to set the selected text above the ascender line.
- Select the Ligature(3) to make the ligatures available for the specific typeface.
Note: ligature is a special character that combines two glyphs into the single glyph. It reduces the tension of the narrow white space and vanishes unattractive inclinations between two colliding letters, such as ff, fl, fi for Raleway Regular in the example above
- Select Fractions(4) to apply special fraction style, created by the type designer.
Use options in this section to change the letter case of the selected text.
- Select Uppercase(1) to convert all letters to capitals.
- Select Capitalize(2) to convert the first letter of each word to capitals.
- Select Lowercase(3) to convert all letters to lower case.
- Select Small Caps(4) to make small caps from the selected text.
Working with Lists
To master design you should know how to orginize data to benefit the user.Ordered lists can be a viable option here. You can use them to arrange, enumerate or emphisize the information.
Lists work so well, that most of the experts consider them as an essential part of the landing and squeeze page design.
Gravit Designer supports two types of lists:
- Bulleted(1) with all kinds of geometrical shapes to mark down the start of the paragraph
- Numbered(2) with arabic numerals
To apply one of them to the selected text, head over to List Type dropdown to bring up a panel with three options in each category.
Once applied Gravit would display the type of list in the dropdown field.
Expand it again to see which of the numbered list options is applied to the selected text passage.
Click None if you want to clear the formating.
Gravit renders the list in the way traditional reach text editor does:
to create a new list item
+ to start a new paragraph withing current list item
Click + to return to the level of the parent.
to create a nested list item. Click to start a list item on the same level
In Gravit you can have infinite number of nested list items
Finally, to end the list you need to press doubleor just once.
Paragraph section contains two text field to adjust the spacing between paragraphs of the selected block of text:
- Spacing After(2)
Type a specific number or use theto change the values inside the fields.
Set a numerical value to introduce a space at the beginning of each the selected paragraphs.
Type a numerical value to add additional vertical space between the selected paragraph and the next one.