Advanced Text Settings
Within Advanced Text Settings pop-up panel you can find a bunch of to tools to enhance your typography in Gravit Designer Pro.
As with other text properties, its options have almost self-explanatory interface.
To bring up the panel:
- Select the text to foster the Text Appearance Panel
- Head over to the small icon on the top-right of the Appearance Panel opposite to the appearance label.
Advanced Text Panel would pop-up after clicking on the icon. This panel is divided into three sections:
- Typography(1) section to add special treatment to the text
- Text Transform(2) section
- Paragraph(3) section to control the paragraph attributes.
Use options under the Typography section to add special effects to the text:
- Select Subscript(1) to set the selected text below the baseline
- Select the Superscript(2) to set the selected text above the ascender line.
- Select the Ligature(3) to make the ligatures available for the specific typeface.
Note: ligature is a special character that combines two glyphs into the single glyph. It reduces the tension of the narrow white space and vanishes unattractive inclinations between two colliding letters, such as ff, fl, fi for Raleway Regular in the example above
- Select Fractions(4) to apply special fraction style, created by the type designer.
Use options in this section to change the letter case of the selected text.
- Select Uppercase(1) to convert all letters to capitals.
- Select Capitalize(2) to convert the first letter of each word to capitals.
- Select Lowercase(3) to convert all letters to lower case.
- Select Small Caps(4) to make small caps from the selected text.
Paragraph section contains two text field to adjust the spacing between paragraphs of the selected block of text:
- Spacing After(2)
Type a specific number or use theto change the values inside the fields.
Set a numerical value to introduce a space at the beginning of each the selected paragraphs.
Type a numerical value to add additional vertical space between the selected paragraph and the next one.